“They” say you can’t have it all. “They” tell you that when you choose health-conscious ingredients, that you sacrifice flavor. “They” are wrong. You can have your metaphorical cake and eat it, too. This Tuscan Chicken Pasta has all of the classic, Italian-American flavors you’ve come to know and love while also providing nutrition that your body knows and loves.
This delicious Tuscan Chicken Pasta highlights the craveable flavor of sundried tomatoes, paired with an indulgently creamy cheese sauce. It will leave your guests with the impression that you labored over this for hours when in reality, your favorite pressure cooker did all of the work for you!
Everyone cooks just a little differently, but I think we can all agree on this: we want the most food and the least amount of dishes and time possible. Below are a few tips to make this meal the most easy to prep and clean up:
1. When you prep the chicken, use the same cutting board for the garlic and sun dried tomatoes as they are all being cooked together (if you feel the need to chop your tomatoes). There is no need to cut the spinach or any other ingredient – they are perfect as they come!
2. Make the sauce while the pressure cooker is heating up / cooking. The sauce is composed very quickly.
3. While you are waiting for the pressure cooker to finish it’s magic, you can either set your table or wash your dishes.
I know you and your family will love this dish and please, comment below! I would love to know how you enjoyed it and if you made any adjustments of your own!
Instapot Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes drained
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 lbs chicken breast cubed, 1 inch by 1 inch
- 3 cups chicken broth I prefer low sodium
- 3 cups whole grain pasta 12oz box
- 3/4 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup greek yogurt fat free
- 2 cups spinach baby is preffered
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese
- Sauté the tomatoes, italian seasoning and garlic with a little bit of olive oil until fragrant.
- Brown the cut chicken for 2-3 minutes, this prevents it from clumping while under pressure.
- Add chicken broth and pasta to the pot.
- On high pressure, cook for 3 minutes.
- While the cooker is getting up to pressure, blend the cottage cheese and greek yogurt together.
- When pressure cooker is done, manually release the pressure and drain excess liquid.
- Add the basil and spinach to the pot and stir until wilted. At thise point, you can now add the cheese sauce mixture along with regular parmesan! Enjoy!