There is a bell curve for everything – the amount of effort applied versus the quality of outcome is a common one for cooking. Every cook experiences it – some recipes take hours to make and when it’s all said and done, it can feel like a waste of effort. While I love Thanksgiving, that holiday sometimes makes me feel that way!
This Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken dip is a winner on my bell curve – minimal effort applied and the outcome is a large serving of amazing dip – the best part is that there is minimal wait! The Instant Pot really revolutionizes the way to make dishes such as this. This dip is the perfect solution to “we have 30 minutes until company is over and no appetizer” or the perfect solution for busy people (married, two kids — I feel that).
There are two key components that make this recipe turn out so flavorful and so quickly. The first is that the Instant Pot is being used to cook the chicken –> most slow cooker recipes call for cooked chicken and don’t tell you how to do it, which is an additional step for the cook.
The second component is that because the chicken and sauce mixture is still hot from the pressure cooker, you can add all remaining ingredients and the dip is still piping hot and ready to be served. Typically a slow cooker recipe is banking on having the slow cooker slowly heat the mixture and allow the seasonings to really work their magic (which is done in the Instant Pot while cooking the chicken).
This recipe is undoubtably the best Buffalo Chicken Dip I have ever made or enjoyed and I hope that your family/get together will have a chance to enjoy it to!
Let us know your thoughts in the comments!
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Instant Pot
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 8 oz cream cheese reduced fat is okay
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream reduced fat is okay
- 1 cup triple cheddar cheese sharp cheddar works well too
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
Instant Pot Directions
- Place the chicken on a trivet in your instapot. I use a silicon trivet to raise it off the bottom as it cleans easier.
- Pour the hot sauce directly on top of the chicken. You can add all seasonings to the chicken and hot sauce at this time.
- Cook the chicken at high pressure for 7 minutes. Immediately release the pressure, do not let it pressurize naturally (the chicken will be too dry).
- Shred the chicken; I typically place it in my kitchenaid and mix it on low to break it apart.
- Mix the chicken and all dairy based ingredients into the pot and serve hot!
Slow Cooker Instructions
- Cook the chicken breast, used canned shredded chicken or use a rotisserie chicken shredded.
- Mix all ingredients into the slow cooker and cooked for 3-4 hours on low heat or 1-2 on high heat, stirring every 30 minutes until it is heated thoroughly.