Nothing satisfies quite like nachos. You know it’s true. There is just something about salty chips, seasoned meat, cheese and toppings that just makes your mouth water.
Introducing Fajita Nachos. If you like flavor, these are for you. If you like fun, these are for you. If you exist – yes, these are for you.
You are looking at one of the most frequently made dinners in the Barber household. The flavor of these things is INSANE and it makes leftovers for days! Lincoln loves this meal quite a bit and is sure to not waste any of it!
The key to making these everything you have ever hoped and dreamed of is simple – marinate, marinate, marinate and don’t overcook. Seriously, allowing this mixture to marinate in the fridge for 30-45 minutes (overnight if you’re adventurous) will really elevate this dish.
Once you have allowed the mixture to simmer on the stove, make sure to get the guacamole, cheese and sour cream (or non-fat greek yogurt!) ready!
Timer Saver: If you have one available, place all of the chicken, peppers and onions directly into the bowl of a KitchenAid (or equivalent) stand up mixer and set it to a low speed. It will immediately shred everything for you, perfectly!
As the recipe calls for it, these fajitas are best served as nachos but you can most definitely use them to make a traditional style fajita.
Let us know your thoughts in the comments!!
- 3 Bell Peppers colored, sliced thinly
- 1 Red Onion sliced thinly
- 1 Lime squeezed
- 1.5 lbs Chicken Breast Sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tsp Paprika smoked is preferred
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1.5 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne (optional)
- 1 bag Tortilla Chips
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- Slice the chicken and place it into a gallon bag
- Slice the peppers and onions and place it in the bag, along with the tablespoon of Olive Oil.
- Combine all seasonings, along with the juice of the lime, directly into the bag.
- Allow it to sit for 30 minutes.
- Pour all of the contents directly into a skillet on medium hit, place the lid on it.
- Stir the contents every 2-3 minutes, as it cooks. This will typically take 10-15 minutes.
- Once complete you can pour the mixture into a standup mixer to shred it or use the mixture as is.
- Top it with guacamole, tomatoes, cheese and sour cream to make this dish perfect!